Wadi Bani Awf is known as one of the most fantastic tourist locations surrounding Muscat. The wadi is located about one and a half hours away from Muscat, some 43 km after Nakhl.Wadi Bani Awf is by far the most diverse and challenging Wadi. Every bend is more lush and beautiful than the next, allowing for several photogenic sceneries. Jumps into the soothing, crystal pools range from two to six meters into deep Arabian waters. Caverns add fun, mystery and extra challenges to the trek. Wadi Bani Awf also leads to the famous Snake Gorge. The name “Snake Gorge” refers to the serpentine effect created by the mountains snaking throughout the wadi. Snake Gorge is cut into the mountains and offers a fantastic 6 hour trip past waterfalls, through rocks pools and over boulders. The hike will have you jumping into pools of water and swimming in caves under the rocky mountains. Although it is a somewhat challenging hike, it is a highly inspiring one where you will be able to feel one with nature and feast your eyes on truly breathtaking sceneries. Lunch will consist of a peaceful picnic among the trees, so you can re-energize as you continue your discovery tour.
Pick up & drop off conditions
LOCAL CUSTOMS and General CONDITIONS
- All our tours are including the pickup from the hotel in Muscat.
- Our dispatch is done daily , and depending on the different pickups we have to do and the routing , our operation department will pick between 55 - 15 minutes form tour departure time .
- The vehicle would arrive at anytime in between the said timings, unless due to any unavoidable circumstances such as traffic conditions, mishap or in case of any other delay
- The vehicle would wait at the maximum for 10 minutes for the guest, so as the other guests at the next pick up location are not delayed
- We encourage you to give us the local contact, email or mobile as our customer service duty is to reconfirm and give accurate information.
- The safari vehicle is for 4 persons in OMAN
- Since our safaris involve off-road driving, pregnant woman, people with heart problems and other sensitive elements will undertake the tour at their own risk
- Children’s below 4 years are under their parent’s responsibility during safaris
- Smoking is prohibited in all our vehicles
- Before Photographing any local residents, kindly ask their permission
- Photographing local ladies is not permitted
- Schedules are likely to change during the Holy Month of Ramadan. Please contact our representative for updates
- Meals are based on food only basis, any beverages (alcoholic / non alcoholic) will be charged as per consumption and to be paid directly at the spot. When mentioned during visits, lunch will be provided