This tour starts through the Hajar Mountains to the township of Nizwa, the ancient capital of Oman. At Nizwa you will visit Nizwa Fort and the Traditional Souk. From there you will travel through the deep Wadi Ghul and arrive at Jebel Shams “Mountain of the Sun” the undisputed lord of the mountains. Jebel Shams is the highest peak of the Jebel Al Akhdar mountain range, soaring 3,000 meters above sea level. It provides a spectacular scenery, ancient rock carvings and remote villages.
This is the Grand Canyon of Oman. There will be time to experience some of the breath-taking scenery before continuing to the beautiful old village of Misfah. The village of Misfah is perched on the side of a mountain where narrow ancient stone pathways lead you into the valley below. Lunch will be held in a restaurant, where you can savour local delicacies at the top of the mountain. Afterwards , you will explore the ancient labyrinth of the region of Al Hamra before your return trip to Muscat.
Pick up & drop off conditions
LOCAL CUSTOMS and General CONDITIONS
- All our tours are including the pickup from the hotel in Muscat.
- Our dispatch is done daily , and depending on the different pickups we have to do and the routing , our operation department will pick between 55 - 15 minutes form tour departure time .
- The vehicle would arrive at anytime in between the said timings, unless due to any unavoidable circumstances such as traffic conditions, mishap or in case of any other delay
- The vehicle would wait at the maximum for 10 minutes for the guest, so as the other guests at the next pick up location are not delayed
- We encourage you to give us the local contact, email or mobile as our customer service duty is to reconfirm and give accurate information.
- Smoking is prohibited in all our vehicles
- Before Photographing any local residents, kindly ask their permission
- Photographing local ladies is not permitted
- Schedules are likely to change during the Holy Month of Ramadan. Please contact our representative for updates
- Meals are based on food only basis, any beverages (alcoholic / non alcoholic) will be charged as per consumption and to be paid directly at the spot. When mentioned during visits, lunch will be provided
- Ladies visiting the Mosque are required to cover their head with scarf and do not wear shorts, beachwear or sleeveless outfits as they are to be fully covered
- Men visiting the Mosque should wear long trousers